The mitzvah of Chanukah is to warm and brighten the cold outdoor darkness by spreading the holy light of the candles. The cold winter is tough in many ways, especially on our skin. Here are 8 ways to keep your skin warm and glowing.
- Drink plenty of water. A hydrated body is essential for hydrated skin.
- Moisturize daily with coconut oil.
- Eat foods that are high in vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids. Both of these are essential for healthy skin.
- When inside, use a humidifier to maintain a comfortable level of humidity in your home.
- Use sunscreen when going outside. It doesn’t have to be hot to get sunburn!
- Keep skin covered as much as possible when venturing outdoors.
- Eating citrus fruits, which are high in vitamin C, boosts the body’s production of collagen, which is essential for healthy skin.
- Take shorter showers and try not to use very hot water.