Here are a few kosher tips and tricks you may not have known.
- Green tea is such a powerful antihistamine that it can even interfere with allergy testing!
- Foods that are high in quercetin (apples, onions, parsley) are helpful in preventing allergies.
- Cayenne pepper and ginger are both known to clear the sinus passages.
- Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids help prevent allergies.
- Licorice root loosens mucous and boosts your body’s natural steroid production.
- Stinging nettle (an herb) is a powerful natural antihistamine.
- Avoid melon, banana, cucumber, sunflower seeds and chamomile if you have allergies to ragweed and pollen.
*Always check with your doctor before using any herbal remedies. Supplements require a reliable kosher certification.