Simchas Beis HaShoeva, the “Water Drawing Festival”, took place during Chol HaMoed Sukkos in the time of the Beis HaMikdash
How much do we really know about the water that we drink?
Drinking water in the morning increases the production of new blood and muscle cells.
- In undeveloped nations, women spend 200 million hours a day collecting water.
- 4,100 kids under age 5 die every day from unclean drinking water.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires all community water systems in America to report drinking water quality to its customers annually. This includes details on where the water comes from, what contaminants have been found in the water, and the potential health effects.
- Americans consume 8.6 billion
gallons of bottled water per year.
- More than 25% of bottled water comes from a municipal water supply, the same place that tap water comes from.
- Drinking warm water with lemon boosts your immune system, helps with weight loss and aids digestion.
- The price of bottled water is up to 10,000 times the cost of tap water.
- If you drink your daily recommended 8 glasses of water per day from the tap, it will cost you about 50 cents per year. If you choose to drink it from water bottles, it can cost you up to $1,400.
- 1 billion people have no access to clean drinking water.