Flourless and glorious, this dish demands attention to detail but is not difficult to make. This soufflé is a light, chocolate dessert that is sure to satisfy all your guests.
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
6 large egg yolks
12 egg whites
1 cup of sugar
prep: 15 min.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using pastry brush, brush oil and sprinkle sugar in
ramekins, put in fridge to keep cold.
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler. Mix egg yolks with
- Beat egg whites until foamy and slowly add sugar, mix
until firm peaks form. Incorporate 1/3 of egg whites into
chocolate mix, mix in well. Gently fold in the remaining
egg whites into chocolate mix.
- Fill ramekins half way with soufflé mix, gently bang
ramekins on counter so batter will settle evenly. Fill
ramekins till the top. Smooth batter with a knife and run
finger around edge of ramekin (helps soufflé rise).
- Place soufflé in the oven and lower temperature to 350
degrees. Bake for 12 minutes.
Recipe submitted by: Shifra Klein, editor in chief of Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine.
Visit www.joyofkosher.com/magazine to subscribe and view thousands of kosher recipes.