This is a refreshing, elegant end to any meal. You can make the recipe using your choice of melon. Using three different melons provides for various tastes and color making for a sophisticated presentation.
3 cups cantaloupe
3 cups honeydew
3 cups seedless watermelon
3 cups simple syrup
- Make simple syrup by combining 3 cups water and 3 cups sugar. Simmer until sugar dissolves into water.
- Process each melon in a food processor on its own and add the juice of two lemons and ¾ cups simple syrup to each melon as it is being processed.
- Place each processed melon in separate shallow pans.
- Place pans in freezer.
- Scrape melon ices every hour for about four hours. Scraping the ice every hour or so, allows the ice to become fluffy and maintain a slushy consistency.
- Place in airtight container. Freeze until ready to serve.
- Serve in a martini glass and spoon each color granita on its own for desired effect.
Tip: Pop lemons in microwave for a few seconds to help juice the lemons with greater ease.
Recipe and photograph submitted by Bitayavon Magazine