1. Don’t overeat right before the fast and choose foods that are easy to digest.
2. Stick to complex carbohydrates, rather than proteins and fats, for the meal before the fast. Carbohydrates bond with water and will nourish your body during the fast.
31. Reduce your caffeine intake the week before the fast to avoid headaches and dizziness from caffeine withdrawal.
4. Eat bananas before the fast; they digest slowly and provide lasting energy.
5. Drink a lot of water for a week before the fast, and especially the day preceding the fast.
6. Sniff spices during the fast to ease hunger pangs.
7. Vary your meal schedule for the week before the fast so that your body is not used to eating at specific times.