- 99% of all U.S. households purchase milk. The average American consumes almost 25 gallons of milk a year… that’s 400 glasses!
- The average cow produces about 55 pounds of milk per day (about six 1-gallon jugs).
- It takes more than 21 pounds of whole milk to make 1 pound of butter.
- Cheddar cheese is the most popular cheese in the U.S
Parmesan cheese is the only kosher cheese currently available that requires a 6 hour wait before eating meat products.
- The calcium in dairy products can help prevent osteoporosis (a disease characterized by bone loss).
- Dairy products help prevent tooth decay by reducing oral acidity.
- There is no scientific basis to the claim that milk causes more mucous production.
- Calcium, magnesium and potassium found in dairy products can help maintain healthy blood pressure.