Reproduced from Millennial Kosher by Chanie Apfelbaum
with permission from the copyright holders ArtScroll/Mesorah Publications, LTD.
- 1/4 cup light olive oil, divided
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 2 Fuji apples, peeled and diced small
- 10 oz. shredded cabbage
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 10 oz. wide egg noodles, prepared according to package directions
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a deep skillet; add the leek. Sauté until leek is wilted and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add apples; sauté until softened.
- Add cabbage, salt, and pepper; cook until wilted and starting to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Add honey, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and noodles; stir to incorporate. Season with additional salt and pepper.
For instructions on how to check cabbage, please see the OK Kosher Vegetable Checking Guide, or in the iOS and Google Play app stores.